Welcome to AdFed West Michigan.
Originally founded in 1927 as The Grand Rapids Womans’ Advertising Club, “The AdFed” is the local chapter of the American Advertising Federation, the nation’s oldest and largest advertising trade association. AdFed serves West Michigan industry professionals who buy, sell, create, or produce services and products related to advertising. In other words, if you’re in advertising, we’re your people. We have the same goals — professional growth, creative integrity, and industry vitality — and our community is the epicenter of everything related advertising.
AdFed West Michigan is one of 180 chapters of the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the nation’s oldest advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry. AdFed belongs to AAF District 6, which includes clubs from Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois.
The AdFed West Michigan:
- Connects members with each other to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity, and marketing.
- Recognizes creative excellence in advertising through the American Advertising Awards.
- Honors individual contributions to the West Michigan creative community through the Silver Medal Award.
- A voice for the value of advertising.
- An organization that represents all disciplines of advertising and marketing.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
- Opportunities and education for students and professionals.
- A venue to celebrate creative excellence.
- Recognition of outstanding industry leaders.
- The link between our industry, government and the community of West Michigan.
- A fun and energetic environment.
I invite you to explore our site, and then join AdFed. You—and your career—will be glad you did.
Pam Patton, President of AdFed West Michigan