Welcome to AdFed West Michigan.
Originally founded in 1927 as The Grand Rapids Womans’ Advertising Club, “The AdFed” is the local chapter of the American Advertising Federation, the nation’s oldest and largest advertising trade association. AdFed serves West Michigan industry professionals who buy, sell, create, or produce services and products related to advertising. In other words, if you’re in advertising, we’re your people. We have the same goals — professional growth, creative integrity, and industry vitality — and our community is the epicenter of everything related advertising.
AdFed West Michigan is one of 180 chapters of the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the nation’s oldest advertising trade association, and the only association representing all facets of the advertising industry. AdFed belongs to AAF District 6, which includes clubs from Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois.
The AdFed West Michigan:
- Connects members with each other to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity, and marketing.
- Recognizes creative excellence in advertising through the American Advertising Awards.
- Honors individual contributions to the West Michigan creative community through the Silver Medal Award.
- A voice for the value of advertising.
- An organization that represents all disciplines of advertising and marketing.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
- Opportunities and education for students and professionals.
- A venue to celebrate creative excellence.
- Recognition of outstanding industry leaders.
- The link between our industry, government and the community of West Michigan.
- A fun and energetic environment.
I invite you to explore our site, and then join AdFed. You—and your career—will be glad you did.
Pam Patton, President of AdFed West Michigan
Wouldn’t you like to serve on the AdFed Board?
AdFedis one of the most active organizations in the American Advertising Federation (AAF). We present award-winning programs featuring monthly speakers, seminars, as well as social events, and one of the most successful ADDY Awards programs in the country. AdFedWest Michigan is also involved in governmental issues, collegiate relations and the popular Ads & Ales.
The volunteer Board of Directors coordinates all of this work. Their commitment ensures you can continue to have the opportunity for professional development, educational programs, networking and don’t forget - fun.
Each year we ask you to help continue our tradition of excellence by nominating stellar individuals you think would be an asset to the AdFedWest Michigan Board of Directors. This individual would need to commit to a three-year term to the Board and serve as a chair person for one of AAF West Michigan's many initiatives.
Please feel free to nominate yourself or someone you feel will make a solid contribution to our organization. These nominees will be contacted by the nominating committee to ensure their interest, then a short biography will need to be submitted for distribution with the ballot. After the ballots are tallied, all will be notified of the results.
So today, please take a few minutes; think about who you would like to see leading our organization. If you have ever considered what we can do better as an organization, then I urge you to consider running for the AAF West Michigan board in order to have an impact.
Submit the name and contact information for your nominee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 949-4606.
AdFed West Michigan